Terms & Conditions
Informed Consent of Services
Delivering telemedicine services involves the use of electronic communications to enable healthcare providers at different locations to share individual patient medical information for improving patient care. Providers may include primary care practitioners, specialists, subspecialists, and/or other allied healthcare professionals. The information may be used for diagnosis, therapy, follow-up and/or education, and may include any of the following:
- Patient medical records
- Medical images
- Medical test results
- Live two-way audio and video
- Output data from medical devices and sound and video files
Electronic systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient identification and imaging data and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption.
Responsibility for patient care should remain with the patient’s local clinician, if you have one, as does the patient’s medical record.
Improved access to medical care by enabling a patient to remain in his/her local healthcare site (i.e. home) while the physician consults and obtains test results at distant/other sites.
More efficient medical evaluation and management.
Obtaining expertise of a specialist.
As with any medical procedure, there are potential risks associated with the use of Call the doctor now. These risks include, but may not be limited to:
In rare cases, the consultant may determine that the transmitted information is of inadequate quality, thus necessitating a face-to-face meeting with the patient, or at least a rescheduled video consult;
Delays in medical evaluation and treatment could occur due to deficiencies or failures of the equipment;
In very rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal medical information;
In rare cases, a lack of access to complete medical records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reactions or other judgment errors; By checking the box associated with “Informed Consent”, you acknowledge that you understand and agree with the following:
- I understand that the laws that protect privacy and the confidentiality of medical information also apply to telemedicine, and that no information obtained in the use of telemedicine, which identifies me, will be disclosed to researchers or other entities without my consent.
- I understand that I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent to the use of telemedicine during my care at any time, without affecting my right to future care or treatment.
- I understand the alternatives to telemedicine consultation as they have been explained to me, and in choosing to participate in a telemedicine consultation, I understand that some parts of the exam involving physical tests may be conducted by individuals at my location, or at a testing facility, at the direction of the consulting healthcare provider.
- I understand that telemedicine may involve electronic communication of my personal medical information to other medical practitioners who may be in other areas, including out of state.
- I understand that I may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of telemedicine in my care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
- I understand that my healthcare information may be shared with other individuals for scheduling and billing purposes. Others may also be present during the consultation other than my healthcare provider and consulting healthcare provider to operate the video equipment. The above-mentioned people will all maintain confidentiality of the information obtained. I further understand that I will be informed of their presence in the consultation and thus will have the right to request the following: (1) omit specific details of my medical history/physical examination that are personally sensitive to me; (2) ask non-medical personnel to leave the telemedicine examination room; and/or (3) terminate the consultation at any time.
Patient Consent to the Use of Telehealth
I have read and understood the information provided above regarding telemedicine, have discussed it with my physician or such assistants as may be designated, and all my questions have been answered to my satisfaction.
I have read this document carefully and understand the risks and benefits of the teleconferencing consultation and have had my questions regarding the procedure explained and I hereby give my informed consent to participate in a telemedicine visit under the terms described herein.
By checking the box containing “INFORMED CONSENT FOR TELEHEALTH SERVICES” I hereby state that I have read, understood, and agree to the terms of this document.
The Site may include a variety of features, such as discussion forums, blogs, photo and video-sharing pages, e-mail services and social networking features that allow feedback to us and allow users to interact with each other on the Site or to post content and materials for display on the Site. The Site also may include other features, such as personalized home pages and e-mail services that allow users to communicate with third parties. By accessing and using any such features, you represent and agree: (a) that you have read and agree to abide by our Community Rules as set forth below in Section 8; (b) that you are the owner of any materials you post or submit, or are making your posting or submission with the express consent of the owner of the materials; (c) that you are making your posting or submission with the express consent of anyone pictured in any materials you post or submit, (d) that you are 13 years of age or older; (e) that the materials will not violate the rights of, or cause injury to, any person or entity; and (f) that you will indemnify and hold harmless Call the doctor now, our affiliates, and each of our and their respective directors, officers, managers, employees, shareholders, agents, representatives and licensors, from and against any liability of any nature arising out of or related to any content or materials displayed on or submitted via the Site by you or by others using your username and password. You also grant us a license to use the materials you post or submit via such features as described in Sections 2-4 above.
Responsibility for what is posted on discussion forums, blogs, photo and video-sharing pages, and other areas on the Site through which users can supply information or materials or sent via any e-mail services that are made available via the Site, lies with each user. You alone are responsible for the materials you post or send. We do not control the messages, information or files that you or others may transmit, post or otherwise provide on or through the Site. You understand that we have no obligation to monitor any discussion forums, blogs, photo or video-sharing pages, or other areas of the Site through which users can supply information or materials. However, we reserve the right always, in our sole discretion, to screen content submitted by users and to edit, move, delete, and/or refuse to accept any content that in our judgment violates these Terms of Service or is otherwise unacceptable or inappropriate, whether for legal or other reasons.
You acknowledge and agree that we may preserve content and materials submitted by you and may also disclose such content and materials if required to do so by law or if, in our business judgment, such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce these Terms of Service; (c) respond to claims that any content or materials submitted by you violate the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of our Site, us, our affiliates, our officers, directors, employees, representatives, our licensors, other users, and/or the public.
The Site may include a variety of features, such as discussion forums, blogs, photo and video-sharing pages, e-mail services and social networking features that allow feedback to us and allow users to interact with each other on the Site and to post content and materials for display on the Site. The Site also may include other features, such as personalized home pages and e-mail services that allow users to communicate with third parties. By accessing and using any such features, you represent and agree that you will not:
- Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Site
- Use the Site to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity
- Interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks used to provide the Site or its features, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of the networks we use to provide the Site
- Use the Site to instigate or encourage others to commit illegal activities or cause injury or property damage to any person
- Gain unauthorized access to the Site, or any account, computer system, or network connected to the Site, by means such as hacking, password mining or other illicit means
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through the Site
- Use the Site to post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international law
- Use the Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or rights holder
- Use the Site to post or transmit any information, software or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component
- Use the Site to post, transmit or in any way exploit any information, software or other material for commercial purposes, or that contains advertising
- Use the Site to advertise or solicit to anyone to buy or sell products or services, or to make donations of any kind, without our express written approval
- Gather for marketing purposes any e-mail addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the Site
- Contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted
- Engage in personal attacks, harass or threaten, question the motives behind others’ posts or comments, deliberately inflame or disrupt the conversation, or air personal grievances about other users
- Repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure
- Take or cause to be taken any action that disrupts the normal flow of postings and dialogue on our Site (such as submitting an excessive number of messages – i.e. a flooding attack), or that otherwise negatively affects other users’ ability to use the Site and/or services; or
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from our Site. Exception is made for Internet search engines (e.g., Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g., archive.org) that comply with our Terms of Service.
We reserve the right to deny access to the Site or any features of the Site to anyone who violates these Community Rules or who, in our sole judgment, interferes with the ability of others to enjoy our website or infringes the rights of others.